posted Jan 16, 2010, 4:37 PM by USCG Aux Flotilla73 [ updated Jan 17, 2010, 11:32 AM ]
Until today we were only able to order the new Untucked ODU for new members. As of today each Auxiliarist may order one set of Untucked ODUs. A few recommendations:
- As you place your orders follow the sizing guidance for the Untucked ODU and do not order the sizes you wear in the original Tucked ODU.
- The tucked and untucked uniform items may not be mixed so you need to order both the Untucked Coat and the Untucked Trouser.
- I recommend ordering your name tapes and the U.S.C.G. Auxiliary tape from the UDC when you place your untucked uniform order.
- The UDC does not stock the Auxiliary officer devices or Auxiliary badges – these must be ordered through the standard sources. Our District Materials Officer, Matt Epstein, likely has what you need.
- Once you have received your new uniform be sure to apply the name tape, Aux tape, and any devices the full width of the pocket and tuck the ends of the tapes under so the folded edge is sewn and the tape cannot fray. Please be sure to only apply tapes in the ODU material, not the older cloth tapes and devices.
Orders can be placed only through the Uniform Distribution Center (you will need to request an account if you do not already have one) : http://www.uscg.mil/hr/udc/default.asp
The Untucked ODU page with sizing can be found here: http://www.uscg.mil/hr/udc/ODUUntuckedUniforms.asp
Subj: UNTUCKED ODU ORDERS -002/10
1. The Coast Guard Uniform Manager has advised that stocks of untucked Operational Dress Uniforms (ODU) are now arriving at a volume high enough to accommodate Auxiliary orders, but not at unlimited levels. As a result, Auxiliarists may now place orders to the Coast Guard Uniform Distribution Center (UDC, http://www.uscg.mil/uniform/) for one set of untucked ODUs for themselves. The next advisory will be to announce when unlimited sets of untucked ODUs may be ordered.
2. The purpose of this list is to keep Auxiliarists as well as all other interested parties abreast of current developments, policies, manuals, etc. All information contained herein and linked is OFFICIAL policy and information.
3. Internet Release and Distribution is Authorized.
4. CG-54211, sends