Spotlight on Leadership Campaign and Contest
posted Apr 1, 2010, 10:35 AM by USCG Aux Flotilla73 [ updated May 21, 2010, 10:31 AM ]
R 291632Z MAR 10
1. This years spotlight on leadership campaign will run during the Month of april. This campaign, offers a unique opportunity for usTo highlight the importance of leadership and professional Development and to recognize best practices within the coast guard.
2. While leadership is an important topic everyday, a concentrated Effort to focus on development and recognition can pay off with a Return on investment well into the future.
3. The focus of the campaign is on our leadership competencies, with one competency featured each week for four weeks. This years featured competencies are accountability and responsibility, influencing others, decision making and problemsolving, and external awareness.
4. The office of leadership and professional development, (cg-133),will be featuring a new guidebook on their web site with resources and tools that can be tailored and used at the unit level. Units are encouraged to maximize innovation and creativity and use the guidebook to steer new ideas of their own. Resources covered in the guidebook will include:
5. The spotlight on leadership campaign contest will be held immediately following the campaign to recognize units that held the best campaigns. Complete submission details can be found in the campaign guidebook, as well as the cg-133 website. Submission entries are as follows:
6. I challenge all units and members of our workforce to set the bar high regarding your leadership and professional development. Use this campaign as an opportunity to be creative and try something different as you focus on leadership development at the unit level.
7. For more information, and complete campaign and contest details see www.uscg.mil/leadership
8. Internet release authorized.
9. Vadm David Pekoske, Vice Commandant, sends.