Chart your own course for the future…
As a member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary, you will be able to choose from many exciting opportunities for service. You can be challenged to learn, train and excel in areas and at levels you didn’t think you were capable of, all at your own pace and in your own time. And you will be formally recognized by the Auxiliary, the USCG and our country for your accomplishments.
Here are just some the the reasons to join:
- Help save lives––Through boating safety instruction in the classroom, through Vessel Safety Checks, or in on-the water operations. Your direct contribution to boating public safety can, and often does, literally save lives.
- Increase your skills––Take advantage of advanced training in surface operations, leadership, or one of the many courses available through the Auxiliary and Coast Guard. As a member of the Auxiliary, there are no fees for these courses.
You can learn or greatly enhance your boating skills. Once qualified, you can use your own boat if you have one and help train new crews and members of the future.
You can leverage your existing talents, skills and experience to gain new positions and qualifications as you progress in the Auxiliary.
- Support the Coast Guard–– Become qualified to serve at Coast Guard units in radio watchstanding, marine environmental protection, Homeland Security, and other operational and administrative support.
- Fun and fellowship–– Enjoy the company of fellow Auxiliarists during training missions, at meetings, or social events. We enjoy our work and we enjoy each other’s company!
- Sharpen your leadership skills – Bring your leadership skills to the Coast Guard Auxiliary, or let us teach you how to be a great leader.
If you enjoy helping people, love boating and making new friends…
The Auxiliary is for you!